1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

memory card - write protected

Discussion in 'Sony' started by weamish, Nov 18, 2013.

1. weamish

weamish New Member

Have a new Sony SDHC-UHS-I memory card, trying to copy files to it, keep getting message that it's write protected. Tried the slider in both positions, even tried putting tape over it, no luck. This is the second card I've tried, same problem with both. Am I missing something? Thanks!

2. trecerex

trecerex New Member

Are you using external card reader? I once had the same problem and found out that the culprit is the card reader that does not support writing or deleting.

3. MrDJ

MrDJ Member

down is the normal position of the slider for lock. ive had this happen before even with tape. as soon as you put the card in the camera it catches on the side and slides it up. try it and then take the card out again and see if its moved position.
    slide it down and very gently push it in the camera pushing away from the side with the slider lock.
    it might take 2 or 3 attempts but hopefully you will finally manage it.
    if not send it back and ask for a replacement.