Moving part in Sony DSC-WX220

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Fabzil, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Fabzil

Fabzil New Member

Hi everyone and a happy new Year ! :)

Here's what happened : as I was disassembling the camera, a small piece fall off the camera. I don't mean it breaks down. It was loosely fitting somewhere and it felt :(
    It's like a very tiny bit of circuit and I can't find out where it was originally. Of course, there is no documentation whatsoever online of the inside of the camera.
    When I put the camera back in one piece without this little circuit, the camera starts normaly and the zoom initialize itself, but the screen stays full black (instead of working)

Picture 1
    Picture 2

SO
    if any of you know where this little white stuff is going, that would be tremendously neat to tell me !!
    And if you don't know but you do own the same camera, please send me a picture of the inside of yours, so I can figure out!

Now you'll be safe, don't worry here, if you just take out the 7 screws and the main plastic, it won't fall. It's only felt when I took the screen of.

Story :
    I have a problem with the LCD screen of my Sony DSC-WX220 so I sent the camera to the warranty but they said the warranty was off and they offered me to repair the camera for like 150€. I said "no thx you" and I'm trying to fix it myself.

Now, I have already fixed severals time my Panasonic FT25 so I'm pretty confident I will do just fine. I found the replacement screen on eBay for like 18€ (10 days delivery from the factory in China) :)

BONUS FOR PROS : if you think I should be posting this thread in another forum you know where people would be more likely to answer me, please do tell me and I will migrate there !!! :)

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I admire your determination to fix your camera but I wouldn't feel confident messing with it.

I'm curious why you were taking apart the WX220. It was just released in 2014 and should be under warranty. Why not let Sony fix it?

3. Guto

Guto New Member

Hi fabzil, happy new year, i open my wx220 and have the same problem that you have, the white piece jumped out and i lost a picture view, did you fix your camera? thanks
    guto
    ps: sorry moderator if this is a wrong place to put my answer, i'm new in this forum

4. Guto

Guto New Member

Hi Fabzil, i hope that my answer isn't too late but i discovered where the white piece is located in this camera. When you looking for the lcd, the piece stay on the right beyond, near the right angle, this piece is a wireless antenna, i don't know how can i put the pictures here, but if you want i'll send to you a sony_dsc-wx200 level 2_sm.pdf document.
    http://elektrotanya.com/sony_dsc-wx200_level_2_sm.pdf/download.html

5. Taiwin

Taiwin New Member

Hi Guto, can you pm me the sony_dsc-wx200 level 2_sm.pdf PDF? Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016