My best macro!

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Busybee, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Busybee

Busybee Well-Known Member

Thank you :)..Before I get engaged with photography I used to
    run away from bees, and lots of insects in my garden, now it's
    the other way around I chase them behind my camera :D

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The original poster already owns a DSLR, the Fuji S3 Pro. He hasn't indicated any desire for a new DSLR.

3. Busybee

Rowan Harland...Thank you so much for your suggestion! As "Andy Stanton" mentioned I already use a DSLR camera the one shown in my signature and the lens is "VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G" I am satisfied with the first photo but don't feel the same with the spider's shot! And both were taken by the DSLR camera :)

4. Busybee

I hope someone with better knowledge answer your question..As for me I use the 105 mm lens and it is a great one! I don't know if the body of Nikon D80 will be able to carry the lens weight if it does then you'll experience an excellent macro lens. I would suggest that you borrow one first and see how you it functions!

5. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

The D80 would handle the 105mm just fine. I have the older version of it, and its really not bad. I haven't used it in a while - but I do love that lens.

6. Busybee

Thank you CalebSchmerge, for your clarification! It is good to know that D80's body can carry the 105mm lens!

7. electrum!

electrum! Member

Great shot of the jumping spider. I think they're cute. The other insect is a fly, not a housefly, but a fly nonetheless. You can tell by the eyes alone. There are lots of flies that visit flowers. If I could take photos like yours in macro mode I'd be very happy. I am not sure what kind you have. Could you state that? Thanks, Breck

8. Busybee

You are welcome electrum and I am sorry for taking long to respond..
    First of all thank you for the clarification of the fly's identity, I've learnt that flies visit flowers too, the macro world is fantastic..
    Also thank you very much for the lovely comment about my work I appreciate it ...
    The camera I used to shoot these insects was Fuji S3 Pro and the lens was Nikon 105mm f/2.8.

9. electrum!

electrum! Member

Busybee, I just thought of this: does this camera have an instruction booklet that comes with it? That is one thing I really liked (and needed) about my Canon A40 - I could sit down and study the instructions on how to use it with the booklet in my hands. I hate instructions that are online with no "hard copy". Thanks, Breck

10. Nicky2007

Nicky2007 Well-Known Member

Caleb, if spiders grossed you out, you should see my dog. I've a Chinese Shar-Pei that's so ugly that everybody laughs when they see it. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.