My comments are deleted ?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by Wail, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wail

Wail Well-Known Member

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Hmm, that is strange. I can assure you that it wasn't deleted on purpose since I haven't deleted any comments (and I'm the only one that can), so I'm not sure what happened to it. Sorry!

3. Wail

Wail Well-Known Member

Thanks for the quick reply, and I do believe there isn't a hidden conspiracy theory against my commetns ... but ...

Now I am seriously ticked off ... this comment isn't the only one deleted! I have found them deleted from a few others ... another comment deleted is from the Waterfall photo!!

4. Wail

Wail Well-Known Member

5. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Let me see if they're actually in the database. I get emails that notify me of new replies and I see the comments that you did post...

6. Wail

Wail Well-Known Member

Dude,

Thanks but this is "real" .. here is another one I have lost my comments to!

http://forum.digitalcamerareview.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/75

With is one, I posted something along the lines of how much I liked the contrast of the red on the mustard / yellow background.

On the photo of the waterfall, I posted something along the line of wishing it had more depth of field. ...

I am sure I am not suffering from amnesia ... or alzhymer (sp.)

7. Wail

Wail Well-Known Member

:(

There are more, a lot more!

Help! Please! I feel so violated!! !! !!!!

8. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

I realize that it's real. I have copies of your comments in my email. I'm trying to figure out what happened to them and why they're not showing.

9. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Ok, I think I see what's going on. You gave me this link as one that you had comments on: http://forum.digitalcamerareview.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/110 (photoid 110)

Your comments are actually here (same photo, different category): http://forum.digitalcamerareview.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/109

And here's the link with your moon comments: http://forum.digitalcamerareview.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/134

It appears that this photo posting software considers each location of the photo to be a separate entry. So, that Isle of Sky picture is in Scrumsrus member gallery AND the "Outdoor/Nature" category and your comments are only on one of those.

I realize it's kind of weird, so I need to do a little research to see if there is some setting to handle this.

10. Wail

Wail Well-Known Member

First off, thank you for being so quick to get into this.

As for this anomaly, it isn't just with pictures that have "lost" my comments .... but I have noticed another picture which I posted comments to, but never saw the comments again until today. Earlier, I just thought that I may have closed my Explorer before posting the comment, but now I see that the comment was actually posted but never came up, until now!

Confusing, it is.

Basically, this comment suffered the "lost" issue but I didn't think much of it as I had doubted my posting it. It now has suffered the reverse of "removing" it while other are gone.

Of course, it now seems to be a simple "trigger" issue, I hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.