Need Help Ref. Kodak Easyshare Software

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by nannybrook59, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nannybrook59

nannybrook59 New Member

Hello,
    new on here. I have a Kodak easyshare DX6490 camera & the software is terrible!! I worked for 3 days, called Kodak ( to no avail as for HELP)
    Started out: would not let me transfer images from camera to comp. Message kept saying: cannot transfer images while working outside MY COLLECTION....So I reluctantly downloaded Kodak's newest software for this! Nightmare, totally messed up my comp. I had to do a System Restore to get all the numerous windows popping up on my screen..mainly: Microsoft .NET Framework...I could NOT get to remove...After System Restore I tried to use my Original easyshare software to download again. After complete download it gave message: application. Add on Thread Exception! as now I have NO software for pictures to use... Can someone please help..Calling Kodak, Chat online Kodak, & email is no longer avail. per the Kodak person I talked to on 11/10/08 for my camera. My camera will be 4yrs old Dec. 2008. Sorry this is so long. Thank you, Susan

2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Hi Susan -
    I would probably just can the Kodak software altogether at this point. There's lots of good free software for managing your images (Google Picasa is a good starting point - do a search for it), and you don't even need the software to get them from the camera.

The easiest thing to do would be to go buy (you can get them online, or at just about any store that sells electronics - even discount stores like Target/Wal-Mart) an external card reader for your computer. You need one that reads SD memory, as most of them do, but just make sure. Should cost $20-$30 max.

What this will let you do is transfer your files directly from the card, rather than from the camera. You connect the reader to your computer, insert the card, and a folder should pop up that shows you your images. From this point, you can just copy them to your computer.

Hope this helps,

dr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.