Need help with my hp CW450t digital camera

Discussion in 'HP' started by ripscott, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ripscott

ripscott New Member

My new hp CW450t digital camera won't stay powered on. I take a few pictures and then when I go press the shutter button to take another, the diplay goes blank and I can't do anything with the camera. The power button won't turn it back on or do anything. If I press the playback button I can get the camera back on but when I go to take a picture by pressing the shutter button the display goes blank again and it won't take more pictures. I've changed the batteries twice and put in brand new batteries. What am i doing wrong, or is the camera defective? Thanks for any help you can provide, this is the first digital camera I have ever owned and I don't know much about them but it doesn't seem like I'm doing anything wrong. I just want to be able to turn it on whenever I want to take a picture and be able to do that. thanks

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I don't think there's anything wrong with your camera - the problem is short battery life. Cameras that run on AA batteries will have a very poor battery life when you use alkaline batteries. For decent battery life you really need to use AA lithium batteries or AA rechargeables like Sanyo Eneloops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.