Need your help.

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by ignatiusjk, Oct 4, 2015.

1. ignatiusjk

ignatiusjk Well-Known Member

I currently use a Pentax K5 with a Sigma 18-35mm lens and I'm happy with the results.But I 've been trying to learn about full frame digitals and now I'm somewhat confused.Should I get a FF Canon 6D with a 24-105 lens or stay with my Pentax/Sigma setup.My main interest is quality.I shoot landscapes and I like the 20.2 mp's.I don't want to sell my Pentax setup for a new Canon setup if the quality isn't going to be that much different.I understand about the extra angle of view you get with a ff camera.But is there that much difference quality wise between a crop sensor and a FF sensor? Will I notice the difference in 16x20 size prints?

2. ignatiusjk

ignatiusjk Well-Known Member

Hello,is anybody out there??

3. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

If you are sticking with JPG images, the results from the Canon may appear nicer. For RAW, not so much difference, at least in the tones that can be achieved. As for landscape detail, that will depend more on the lens resolution than the sensor size. So there is no simple answer. If you are in the USA it is fairly easy to rent a DSLR, even a full frame one. Do that and you can make your own trials.

Kelly Cook