New Canon G10

Discussion in 'Canon' started by Photobug4741, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Photobug4741

Photobug4741 Active Member

Post removed

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. Photobug4741

Thanks everyone for your nothing replies.:rolleyes: Maybe this is the Sony digital forum?:eek:

3. boilermatt

boilermatt Well-Known Member

I like the G10. In fact, I seriously considered buying one but decided that I better get a DSLR. If I had the extra money I would get both.

4. Photobug4741

I had a large Canon film camera and it was just to big to keep with me. Since moving to the Canon Gs I am getting lots of pictures. Sometimes less is better.:)

5. boilermatt

boilermatt Well-Known Member

Yeah, I seriously considered that. I just think I should start big and downsize later if I feel the need. I've never had any sort of "good" camera and I just don't want to be left feeling like I want more... we'll see... I will learn something either way.

btw... are you completely happy with the G10? Any minor complaints? Any big kudos?

6. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Is there any specific issue you'd like to discuss regarding your G10?

7. Photobug4741

So far I find the G10 focus's much quicker then my G7 did. I really like the larger viewing screen. I like the new arrangement of the controls. The larger flash is very helpful when I don't wish to mount my trusty but makes the G10 top heavy Canon 430EX. Again Canon has changed batteries so I can't use my Lenmar Alphi speed charger seems Lenmar has not addressed the needed adapter. I did find a NB7L replacement battery for $17US from New World Video Direct it comes with a 5 year warranty beats Canons $70US pricing. The Canon supplied charger works fairly quick so all is well. IMHO picture quality right from the camera is great. Sharp with fine color quality. The price was $200US less then I paid for my old G5 years ago. Canon still is building the G10 in Japan that is were mine was built.:) Only item I do find some distressing is the shutter lag. Not great for catching action moving pictures.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  8. SoCalRich

SoCalRich Well-Known Member

Tell us about the neutral density filter. How does that work for you and in what conditions do you use it?

9. SoCalRich

SoCalRich Well-Known Member

What about the lag in AF for moving subjects like a dog of bird or car. Is that an issue???

10. Photobug4741

Have not yet addressed this item.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.