New Canon PowerShot A540 SD card ?

Discussion in 'Canon' started by love2sing, May 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. love2sing

love2sing New Member

Hey,

I just received a new Canon PowerShot A540 for graduation. I will be going on a missions trip to Africa soon for 17 days, so I need to make sure that the SD cards that I have hold enough pictures, as I won't have a computer to transfer the pictures to. The camera came with a card with the number 16 on it, and the person who gave me the camera also gave me a 128 MB card. Approximately how many pictures do you think I will be able to take with that much memory? Thanks!!:D

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Canon's specifications page for the A540 lists approximate file sizes (the table about halfway down the page). Taking full resolution pictures will fit 45-156 images on the 128MB SD card, depending on the compression setting (Normal, Fine, or Superfine)

3. love2sing

love2sing New Member

Thanks, Ben. That helps a lot. But, how do I know if my camera is set on normal, fine, or superfine or small, medium, or large and which one is probably the best if I want good pictures but still want to be able to take a lot? Hope my questions makes sense. Thanks again!:p

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  4. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

I don't remember the exact way to tell, the manual will explain it though. As far as telling which one you want to use, take shots of a subject with the different compression settings to see if you notice any difference. If you can't tell the difference (you'll have to look very closely), then don't worry about the modes that require more space. It's all about what you think.

5. Tim

Tim Member

you can tell by just going to the settings, also an icon shows up on the LCD screen. View your manual to see what the particular icon looks like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.