new samsung WB350F

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by jimbo160, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

Just bought this camera yesterday, for the sole purpose of my great grandkids. I take a lot of pictures, and would like them to be crisp and clear. I have for 3 years now to make my Canon rebel t3, make me happy, but not yet. I have not mastered as many good pics as I would like. In the meantime, I bought this less expensive Samsung WB350F, that all reviews say will do the job. Have taken a lot of them so far, but still not making them as good as the reviews I have seen. If anyone has help for me to set this thing, and get good results, I would love to hear. Going to try and learn how to post here, so all could see what I got.

2. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

I am trying to get information for making really crisp and clear pictures. Have tried a few settings, and pictures are ok, but I want them to be better than good.

3. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The WB350F is a small-sensor ultrazoom. It's not going to be able to produce the quality of the images you obtained from your Rebel t3.
    However the WB350F can still produce very nice images under the right shooting conditions, especially outdoors.
    Are you trying to take pictures of your great grandkids while they're moving around inside the house? Taking pictures of moving subjects indoors is tough. Try using the flash.

4. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

That looks to be a great camera, but my budget says to stay withen $200. Is it possible for me to find a camera at that price that would give me what I want? It would be great for me if there could be some reccomendations for this. I will be taking the Samsung back today. I look forward for a few replies. Thank you,
    Jimmy

5. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

6. Andy Stanton

It's not that much different than the Samsung WB350f, although the Samsung is actually better in low light due to its CMOS sensor. If I had to choose between the two of them I'd take the Samsung.

Here are some sample images:
    Samsung WB350f
    https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=samsung wb350f&sort=interestingness-desc

Canon SX400
    https://www.flickr.com/search?sort=interestingness-desc&text=canon sx400

7. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

I really thank you for your replies. I have decided to keep the Samsung, for, it is just easy to pick it up, and take a picture. What I wish I could do, is make the pictures look like the Samsung link, and the pictures there. I just do not know what settings, mode position, or what to do to make this happen. I can only keep trying, and see what happens.
    In the mean time, I am going to continue to use this forum to try and find out more about my canon rebel T3, and make the same results with it. I want my pictures to be more vivid color, more contrast. Any help in either of these will help me a lot.
    I am also wanting to find out how to post some of my pictures here, to ask questions about any of them. Thanks again for all your replies.
    Jimmy

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  8. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

SAM_0217.jpg I would like to find out what I could do to make pics more vivid in color, and clear. Can someone help me?

9. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

Am trying to find out if I can set my aperture to F2.8, and my shutter speed to 1/250. I saw somewhere that this would make my pics more clear and vivid, but I cannot find the setting on my camera.

10. Andy Stanton

I agree the colors are dull and the image isn't sharp. Are you using Smart Auto? You should be getting much better results. Samsung's images are usually oversaturated. If you want to increase color saturation and sharpness you can with a menu selection called "Image Adjust".

Here are some sample images taken with the wb350f: They will show you what the camera is capable of.
    https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=samsung wb350f&sort=interestingness-desc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.