new samsung WB350F

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by jimbo160, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

SAM_0295.jpg I found it. I am confused about using all the different modes and settings.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Nice pic! Did you use Smart Auto?

3. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

SAM_0299 after.jpg SAM_0269 b4.jpg
    no, I went to "P" position, and made image change. I took the pic from there. went outside just now, and took one from my front porch, which is after. I put another simaler pic, and it is before.

4. Andy Stanton

The larger image seems sharper.

5. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

SAM_0300.jpg ....ending my day with another post and pic. I went to the bedroom for a pic of my great grandson. It does look more clear at that point. I look at the pic really close, and see what I call little fuzzys on the edge of places like his collar, comforter on the bed, the curtains, etc.. I look at pics from the sample of Samsung pics. I cannot zoom these at all, and can only evaluate from that prospective. These pics are more clear to me. I look at only one sample pic that show no face, but the back walking down sidewalk. I would like my pics to look like that.
    I have had the camera for about 5 days now, taken about 150 or so pics. Most of them are relatively clear, and only about 5 are no good. I have 15 days to try this camera out, to see if I can get excellent results with it. I may just return the camera, I don't know. It just depends on what results I get as time draws close. Your opinion is appreciated, and hope your patience holds out, for when, or if I resolve anything with this camera, I intend to start with the Canon. Another day,
    Jimmy

6. Andy Stanton

The pic of your great grandson looks pretty good to me.
    If you're unhappy with the image quality consider returning the WB350f and purchasing the Canon s110. The Canon S110 is a small camera with exceptional image quality. It has a modest 5x zoom but there aren't many pocket cameras around that can match its image quality, especially in low light. Best of all it's currently on sale from Amazon for $179, a great price for a great camera.

Images from the Canon S110
    https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=canon s110&sort=interestingness-desc

7. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

IMG_4177.jpg This is a pic of the other twin to the boy. The Samsung has a lot of features, and is pretty easy for me to handle. I want to keep it, and see if I can learn to make the edges of people in my pictures look smooth, and distinct. I would like to be able to take a picture, and it turn out great, without me having to go to a program and adjust it. I had to edit this one, for, it was dull to. I know it can be even better, I just don't know how.

8. Andy Stanton

The picture of the young girl looks oversaturated to me, but everyone's taste is different. You should be able to get that effect by changing the settings in Image Adjust.

9. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

sorry about that pic. I went to look, and saw that was one evening I laid my Samsung down, and picked my canon up.

10. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

Andy,
    I am undecided on exactly what to do about the camera. There are points I do not like about the Samsung, but would be acceptable with me, if I could get pictures that looked as good as the clips you posted that were taken with a camera like the one I got. I see fuzzy lines on the sleeves, neckline of the shirt, and different places. I am still thinking about another one withen the next 5 days. Which, in your opinion is best quality camera, in lower price range, Canon, Nikon, Fuji. I read in consumer reports that the biggest percentage of cameras receiving repairs, is Nikon. I also see numerous reviews that are positive with the camera.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.