Nikon Coolpix 8800 System Error Two

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by Ben Stafford, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

I got this message via email. Anyone have any ideas?

Dear sir I have Nikon 8800 coolpix when I see in viewfinder they indicate system error two. Please write me about what error is this & what is the salutations please help me Thanks

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Something that I found on the net, apparently from NIkon's site:

Having a "System Error" message display on the camera's LCD display generally indicates a problem where the camera will need to come to Nikon for repair. A System Error is a general error which can be caused by many things: lens problem, CF Card problem, general camera failure, etc. Before sending the camera in, check these:

1. Use the memory card that originally came with the camera (or a Nikon approved card)
    2. Remove and replace the battery

If the error is still displayed, contact Nikon's Service Department (below). If the above tips do not help the camera must be sent to Nikon Service, there are no user serviceable parts on Nikon Coolpix cameras.
    We apologize for the inconvenience and will do everything we can to repair your Nikon camera as quickly as possible.

Another thing to try would be to format the CF card.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Yeah, the battery and memory card are about your only self-help remedies. If you open the case that will likely void your warranty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.