Nikon Coolpix P600 Review Discussion

Discussion in 'Digital Camera News' started by Howard Creech, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard Creech

Howard Creech News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Good image quality but the wide-angle distortion is a problem. Though, to be fair, I've noticed wide-angle barrel distortion in every camera I've used with a minimum focal length of under 28mm. I've also experienced video lag on many cameras over the past few years. Is there some technical reason why video lag is so common?

3. stephennic

stephennic Member

Hi,
    Great review. I just wondering if the Nikon p600 had any focus issues. I have read on some reviews the following issue - Its slow to focus in low light or at full zoom and that you need a tripod for any full zoom shots otherwise you will get blurry shots. Also they noted if you do continuous shoot for about 8 shots in takes 20-30 sec before you can do further photos. Did you find any of those issues? also what was video quality like?
    I am choosing between the canon sx50 (or sx60 when it comes out) or Nikon p600 and wonder how they compare on image quality, focusing etc. I want to have a camera that I can use both for portraits, macro and some long distance shots. Is the distortion you noted worse with the Nikon or canon. Thanks for your help.
    Warm regards,
    Steve.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

5. stephennic

stephennic Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.