Nikon coolpix8800

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by ScottP603, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottP603

ScottP603 New Member

HI,
    I was given a 8800 coolpix.The cameras ability to take picture quickly at any setting is nonexistent.If you take a pic, the camera will not take another instantly.It is as though it is functioning in slow motion.Any suggestions???????
    Thanl You!!!

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Try replacing the battery. If that doesn't work there may be something wrong with the camera.

3. Jim Keenan

Jim Keenan News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

I have an 8800, which is an early model Coolpix - they hit the market in early 2005 IIRC. Shutter lag is not too good and as I recall shot-to-shot times aren't quick either. Haven't shot it in years but I'm charging the battery now and will get back to you after I shoot it a bit.

It's probably characteristic of the camera and I don't think a battery change will do anything. Actually not a bad little camera with the 10X zoom , stabilized and an articulating monitor, but not a speed demon as I recall. Compact digitals have come a long way in performance since the 8800 first saw light of day..........

UPDATE: Battery charged, the 8800 takes abut 2.5 seconds between shots to write ans then display the shooting screen again. If this time frame is in line with what you're seeing that's just the way the camera is.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.