Nikon D3000 Review Discussion

Discussion in 'Digital Camera News' started by Adam Crawford, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Crawford

Adam Crawford News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

The Nikon D3000 is an entry-level DSLR, but don't let the term fool you. When you place the label "Entry Level" on a camera, it might call to mind a camera with no frills, limited uses, and little more to offer than an automatic shooting experience. This has been disproved by the latest crop of cameras released in the past two years, and the D3000 continues to set the bar high for an entry-level camera. This new generation of point-and-shoots and entry-level DSLRs not only push the boundary of low-light performance and mega resolutions, they give that power to a whole new audience of beginning photographers.

[​IMG]

Read the full content of this Article: Nikon D3000 Review

Related Articles:

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Re: Nikon D3000 Review

Nice review. The D3000 can certainly take great looking pictures but Nikon may have hurt its marketability by not including live view, like the Canon, Olympus and Pentax cameras that are its direct competition. The new entry level Pentax also includes HD video.

3. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  4. ifse

ifse Well-Known Member

Very nice review. This (and the D5000) are cameras that I've been eyeing since the D40 and D60 got a little old.

Did you find the 3D tracking capability to be useful? I assume this means it maintains focus even when the subject moves out of the initial plane? I wonder how quick the detection and response are when the subject is coming fast toward you (kids or sports situations)?

5. Allison Johnson

Allison Johnson News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Yikes! They are just a tiny bit oversized, aren't they? I'll try and get in and replace them with more sensible sized images later on today.

6. PSAM

PSAM Member

The D3000 looses two features as compared to the D60-the eye sensor and the accelerometer.

Nikon seems to be 'following' rather than 'leading' from the spate of new camera releases-wake up Nikon!

7. Slavixs

Slavixs New Member

Thanks for nice review! But how is with acesories for this camera? How about battery grip, is here original batery grip for this camera? Or need to find aftermarket batery grip? Thanks!

8. rowman

rowman Well-Known Member

I do not understand how this would be exceptional. In my opinion Rebel XS is superior to this for one stop. Maybe I am missing some point?.

9. Joseph Bangsawan

Joseph Bangsawan New Member

I think Nikon D60 and D3000 absolutely similar. The difference in D3000 has a Guide Mode and plastic body the rest are the same. I am very disappointed with Nikon product because I purchased Nikon D3000 because it was sold with the lower price almost a year ago rather than D60 which have similar to D3000, but only several months after purchasing, the price drop drastically more than US$ 200. I think it is better considering to buy D90 compare to D3000 if then the price will fall into the lowest at present in less than 9 months. I am a photograhper since 1978 with most of my camera are Nikon but I am really disappointed with the way Nikon sold the product.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.