Nikon D50 with lense options

Discussion in 'Lenses and Accessories' started by Quikster, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quikster

Quikster Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'll get a chance to. I just need to find something to photograph that hopefully has a lot of color and detail for the best comparison.

2. FZ20

FZ20 Active Member

How about a flower or bird?
    I find flowers make the best "testing" subjects. Great color and they dont move!

3. Quikster

Quikster Well-Known Member

problem is by the time I got my camera it is already summer here and most of the flowers are not around during the summer.

4. Wail

Wail Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that you can get mount adapters to use Sigma / Tamron lenses on various brands of cameras; this is my understanding from the early 1980s! I thought this still holds true for lenses of today.

5. Wail

Wail Well-Known Member

I don't have a lot of dealing with these types of lenses. I tried my best to make sure that all my lenses were from the same manufacturer as the camera body (I used to have Minolta bodies).

There was one instance where I was traveling on vacation and wanted a specific lens but couldn't get it – it wasn't stocked in any shop near my home at the time; so I opted to get a Sigma lens. To attach this lens to my camera I needed to get a coupling for it that would allow the Sigma to be mounted on to my Minolta body. Hence, if I wanted to mount the Sigma lens onto a Canon body then all I had to do was to change the coupler. These couplers were made by the lens manufacturer for specific lenses. So, Sigma had a range of lenses that would fit Minolta, Canon, Pentax, etc. and one would have to buy the lens and the coupler for the specific camera / lens. I didn't get a chance to test / experiment with these types of lenses as I was very limited on budget and resources; plus I wasn't too keen on getting none proprietary lenses.

Of course, as I said, this was back in the 1980s and way before auto-focus was conceived. So, I am not sure if this would work with current lenses and mechanisms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.