No Pc can recognize C663

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by Nomadic, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nomadic

Nomadic New Member

I've tried it on several pcs and not one of them can recognize my camera after installing the drivers for it. Is there some trick to get it to work? The manual acts like it's a simple and error free process.

Edit:
    I can't use a card reader as this doesn't use SD cards normally. It has to reformat them rendering them unrecognizable to any normal card reader. Though I can't even format the card since the camera can't connect to the pc.

And though this is post #1 from me, I will be checking back so your effort will not go wasted on me ;)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

A way around this problem is to buy a memory card reader (very cheap) which plugs into the USB port on your PC. Insert your camera's memory card into the reader and you can move your image files directly to the appropriate folder on your PC.

3. Nomadic

Nomadic New Member

Won't work. I already have one. This camera has to format the card to some non-standard file system. No regular card reader can read it.

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

5. Nomadic

Nomadic New Member

I have. And I can't seem to find older software. I have wondered if perhaps older drivers might work as the camera is circa 2006 and I'm still using 32 bit XP. But I can't seem to find older drivers anywhere and Kodak's support email was useless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.