NV15 image taken same as LCD one?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by ADB, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ADB

ADB New Member

Hi, I just received a new NV15 as a gift, really happy about it. I've been messing around with the menus and stuff for some time.

One question I have : is there a mode where the picture taken is exactly conform to the one being displayed on the LCD when I shoot? I disabled the flash altogether, and still, when I take an indoor picture, the result has got higher luminosity than what was being displayed on the screen when I took it.

I would like the image taken to be exactly what I see on the LCD.

Any idea? TIA.

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Hmmm. Probably what's happening is that the LCD is "gaining" up or down and it doesn't correspond to the actual exposure. A lot screens will do this so that you can frame your picture correctly. You can try adjusting the exposure compensation to get the output image to match the screen, but it may be liking shooting at a moving target. Another thing to try, but I can't remember for sure, is that if you do a partial press of the shutter (to get a focus lock), does the brightness of the image on the LCD change? If so, that may be the best way to preview the shot.

3. ADB

ADB New Member

Apparently, a partial press of the shutter won't make it match the final exposure. I made different tests; even at 80ASA, indoor shot w/ flash disabled, the result is more exposed than what I'm seeing on the LCD. I think it's too bad there isn't some kind of "capture" mode where the result will exactly match what you are seeing on screen.

Thanks for your input though.

4. unknown555525

unknown555525 Member

Indoors the minimum and most the camera's LCD will render is 30 frames per second, or 1/30th exposure time. Anything less will not be the same as it is on the LCD.

What's the exposure time your using indoors? If it's about 1/80th or more then it should be the exact same as it is on the LCD before you take the picture.

I'm not shure exactly about yours as I own an NV7 but this should be true of most cameras.

5. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

Its hard to say that it will be the exact same as the LCD, considering things like the contrast ratio of the screen, brightness, resolution, and more. They might look close, but I would guess if there was a way to compare the two, they would look quite different.

6. unknown555525

unknown555525 Member

Looking at mine, it's near perfect to what the actual picture will look like, I figured being in the same line as mine, the NV, it may be similar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.