NV24HD Error wrinting on SD Card

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by alauzon, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alauzon

alauzon New Member

Samsung NV24HD
    Panasonic 8GB SD HC class(6) card

I love my NV24HD but

Sometimes I get en error trying to view the images or video I just shot.

Sometimes it just freeze and the only way to get it back is to remove the battery

It looks like stuff is not writen to the card immediatly because I can shoot 7-8 pictures, then a video and when I stop and try to go to the viewing mode I get the Error message and the 7-8 picture and video are lost

I shot a 9min video of my daughter's birthday and was very unhappy to find out it did not record on the card...

I'm tryig another SD Card and keep you posted....

Andre

2. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

I would try a different card, and try reformatting your current card. Also, if you have another device that works with an SD card try it there, ask a friend if you can borrow a camera if you have to.

3. alauzon

alauzon New Member

Thanks CalebSchmerge for your concern

I did try a smaller 512MB no class card and could not get it to generate an error
    I formated my 8GB SCHC with the camera..
    Tried it for a while and when I tried to format it again to erase all images from my test I got the card error again.

I will try to get a new one from the store...

4. alauzon

alauzon New Member

The Store gave me a new Card and I tried it right away

Surprise the new card did the same thing. ( Hang on video and only a removal of the battery would work )

They offered to give me 2x 4GB card class (4)
    I tested them and they did not freeze..

the new card are from the same company (Panasonic ) but not as fast (class(4) 10Mb/s.
    At least they work.

So:
    Samsung NV24HD seem incompatible with class(6) SD Card !!

5. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

I bought an Samsung S760 for my neighbour, and i was getting a error message when trying to view pictures that i had taken.

I wonder if this is a problem with some Samsung cameras

6. Andrés

Andrés New Member

I also have a Samsung NV24HD and am having problems only with the 8GB SDHC Cards Class6.
    My problem is that the card is only seen as a 4GB card by the camera. I have tried formatting the card but all to no avail.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.
    I also have 1GB, 2GB and 4GB cards.
    Basically at the highest settings I get either 20 mins of video or 200 pictures for each 1GB of card.
    Hence the 4GB card should have 1hour and 20 mins of video or 800 pictures, which it does more or less (allowing for formatting)
    I would therefore expect the 8GB SDHC card to show 2 hours 40 mins of video or 1600 pictures, unfortunately it shows to be the same size as the 4GB card.

BTW: I have tested the camera with several manufacturers 8GB SDHC card and they also only show as 4GB cards.

This may even explain why the card is acting erratically with Andre!

7. Andrés

Andrés New Member

Problem solved!

I have found many of the cameras to be faulty. Took mine back tried several other silver versions. All the silver ones where faulty!

Tried a black one and it works fine.

8GB gives approx 1600 pictures in super fine 10 megapixel and 3200 in fine. Video shows as total of 2hrs 49 mins.

The silver/ black may be a red herring, but it certainly shows Samsung have a faulty batch of cameras out there. So be careful!

8. Tinderbox (UK)

maybe new firmware, have you checked!

9. Andrés

Andrés New Member

Hi Tinderbox,

Thanks for the input.

Unfortunately Samsung do not seem to currently have any way of updating the firmware in the camera.

I currently still have a case open with Samsung, and they have still failed to reply with a solution to the problem.

Fortunately I had the camera less than 28 days and was able to return it to the shop. The new black one I have works perfectly!

Apparently I am the first person to report this!

10. Tinderbox (UK)

I had a problem with a Panasonic camera, I filled in an on-line problem report, it has now been over a month and i am still waiting for a reply!

I hope you have better luck with Samsung!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.