Olympus E-3 Review Discussion

Discussion in 'Digital Camera News' started by Howard Creech, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard Creech

Howard Creech News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Nikon and Canon have dominated the professional DSLR market since the beginning of the digital imaging revolution, effectively condemning Olympus, Pentax, Panasonic, Leica, and Sony DSLRs to second-tier status. In an attempt to assert Olympus again in the semi-pro/professional market and overcome this second-tier designation, the long-awaited Olympus E-3 offers consumers an absolute surfeit of useful features including mechanical image stabilization, a 2.5-inch fully articulated "Live View" LCD screen, a phenomenally fast autofocus system, and Olympus's Supersonic Wave Filter (SSWF) dust reduction system.

Read the full content of this Article: Olympus E-3 Review

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  2. usapatriot

usapatriot Well-Known Member

Re: Olympus E-3 Review

Nice, detailed review. The E3 seems like a solid professional camera.

3. Howard Creech

Thanks. The E3 was a lot of fun, I really hated to send it back.

Howard

4. avisitor

avisitor Well-Known Member

It's characteristic of the 4/3rds cameras (that I've used) to get a slightly incorrect white balance, which is probably the biggest problem I've ever had with them. However, I still love the 4/3rds system. Eventually, I'll work my way up to the E-3, but for now, my E-500 is working fine (however, I might just pick up the E-510 so I can have a second body).

5. Howard Creech

As a veteran photographer I have used many Olympus cameras over the years - and I've liked every one of them. I've used three 4/3 Olympus dSLRs in the past year and I really enjoyed taking pictures with all three of them. The minor WB anomalies that seem to plaugue Olympus dSLRs are fairly easily corrected, in-camera, and certainly (IMHO) no reason to dismiss either Olympus dSLRs or the 4/3 format from serious consideration. The E3 is, in my opinion, one of the best semi-pro/pro options currently available. You'll like the E510.

Howard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.