Olympus XZ-2

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by jimbo160, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Please stay within this post.

2. Andy Stanton

The XZ-2 does not have an auto-panorama feature. See page 21 of the user manual. Get in panorama mode, take the left picture, move the camera, take the middle picture, move the camera, take the right picture.

3. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

Ok, I hardly use it anyway. Late this evening, I took a few pics of what was left of my wifes flowers, and I just could not get it in focus. Maybe you can pass on to me exactly what to do for this pic.

15437687234_444850ec5f_m.jpg 16034211886_be15a2b782_b.jpg 15872533298_6c19439925_b.jpg 16034212916_0c97ded5ca_b.jpg

4. Andy Stanton

It's hard to say without looking at the metadata but I suspect that you tried to take a macro from a close distance - a couple of inches - with the camera zoomed in. The XZ-2 can take close macro shots in two ways. One is taking the picture from a distance and zooming in and the other is bringing the camera very close. If you select the latter method you have to keep the camera at wide angle - no zoom.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  5. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

As I said, post the URL for the Flickr image, so we can see it as you uploaded it to Flickr. The software posting images on this message board sometimes degrades the image.

Kelly

6. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

Got u8p this morning, and took a few pics. All was as this one. Can someone look and tell me what I am doing wrong?
    16065674305_9b9430b414_b.jpg

when I made the post, and the pic was there, it looked good. It is better here than on my PC, or rather when I open pic from pc in my pictures, it does not look as good as the post. I use windows live photo to open pics, could that be problem?>

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  7. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

That image is a little under exposed. The easy way to deal with this is to apply a EV Compensation of +1/2 stop. Your camera's EC control may be set for 1/3 increments instead of 1/2 (I just find 1/2 to be more useful). If the camera's EC is in 1/3 stops, then try a couple of shots, one at +1/3 and the other at +2/3. If you cannot access the EC control, then it is likely the camera is in its Auto mode, or a Scene setting. Instead use the Program mode, that always include the EC control.

Kelly

8. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

Thank you for the reply. I go and look, on camera menu, P, but found nothing on EV. My eyes get cross eyed doing this. I look on the cd pdf for this camera, and see nothing there either. I will put a link to that here, and maybe you can see something. I am still looking.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/oima_cckb/XZ_2_INST_Eng.pdf

9. Andy Stanton

Look at the dial on the back of your camera. There is a +- indication at the top part of the dial. That is the exposure compensation control (or EV control). See page 23 of your manual for an explanation of how exposure compensation works.

10. jimbo160

jimbo160 Active Member

I found the dial, and the reading was 1/3. I go down, and the next was 1/0. I set that and turned and took a picture. Does that look better?
    15880535387_8f935fd890_b.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.