Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 changing directory structure

Discussion in 'Software' started by jonkilleen, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonkilleen

jonkilleen New Member

Hi all. I'm very new to the world of digital SLR photography and even newer to this forum. I recently bought the above software and am gradually working to understand how to use it. One of the quirks I have recently noticed is that all of my photos have now (since installing the software) been re-indexed and a separate folder has been created for each. Within each folder appear to be the original file and a smaller copy (a thumbnail of that image?). This makes sorting through files a pain in the neck as I can't open them in windows explorer i.e. if I open the root directory e.g. 'jonsphotos 2009' every single photo is in it's own folder with its thumbnail.

Can anyone tell me whether this is a standard feature of this software, and if so, can it be reversed? I've hundred of old photos and don't want to have to go through them manually to reverse this.

Many thanks
    Jon

2. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Gads, that sounds awful! Check into the Help system with your Paint Shop program. Search there for any mention of a Paint Shop tool to "restore" or "undo" this image organization. If no luck with that Help search, then contact Paint Shop support online.

Kelly Cook

3. jonkilleen

jonkilleen New Member

thanks Kelly, I'll give that a go.

Jon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.