Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Review Discussion

Discussion in 'Digital Camera News' started by David Rasnake, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgi.choranov

georgi.choranov New Member

Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Review

Can someone tell me how big SD card can I use with this camera? I want to get a 4 or 8 gb high speed card, but I am not sure if the camera will handle it!

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The TZ5 supports SD and SDHC memory cards, which means up to 16gb.

3. robm

robm New Member

Great review! I had one question about AF performance at the long end of the zoom for moving objects. The review for the TZ4 stated a serious concern about this issue: "but the issue made tracking moving subjects at the long end of the zoom nearly impossible." This review seems to indicate that the zoom improved for the TZ5 compared to the TZ4. So does the TZ5 have this same AF problem?

4. gi1mo2

gi1mo2 New Member

I purchased the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 camera a few months ago to replace a Canon Powershot SD800IS which was damaged and couldn`t be repaired. I chose the TZ5 because of the 10X zoom although I would have prefered smaller size.

I use action videos a lot, and am very disappointed in the video mode. I can't always video longer than needed (while riding a bicycle for example). When I stop video recording, I loose over one second from the end of the video, which is very problematic. You have to think of letting the video go past the action for 2 seconds to capture everything.

I complained to Panasonic a few times and they have not responded or even acknowledged my communication.

5. kelsci

kelsci Active Member

I just posted some pics that my brother took on his recent purchase of this model camera on my blog. The link is http://www.kelsci5.blogspot.com/
    There are some pics from some other camera that I own as well.

6. rutherford1

rutherford1 Banned

Hi
    Thanks almost you have provided complete information about Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5. This article sounds great!

7. kelsci

kelsci Active Member

It seems that the DMC-LS80 and the DMZ-TZ5 will record two channels of monaural audio or what is known as dual mono audio. I think this is a plus. I felt the audio quality was quite decent from both Pansonic models. The 80 picked up sounds from quite a distance. One of my programs indicated frequency response. That program indicated the Panasonics at only 8khz, while a kodak zd710 came in at 16khz and samsung s630 at 22khz(the kodak only produces l.0 mono audio but nice fidelity;the samsung does go very high but overmodulates without any real low end response).

8. Jaybe

Jaybe New Member

I use 8gb HDSC cards in the TZ5. Absolutely no problems and fantastic speed. Throw the rest in the bucket.

9. Jaybe

Jaybe New Member

Have used both for 6 months plus. Absoutely no problem.

10. kelsci

kelsci Active Member

I disagree. The mono sound was excellent IMHO. I have also found similar sound quality on the DMC-LS80 AND DMC-LS85.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.