Panorama feature on SP-510 UZ

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by grb, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grb

grb New Member

Re: Sp-510uz

i just bought a sp510uz. i've been trying to use the panorama mode but i can't figure out how to use it. i tried editing the images in the pc software but it doesn't work as well because i can't set the panorama mode in the camera in the first place. this really is beginning to disappoint me.

pls advice. thanks a lot!

2. rmmpe

rmmpe Member

Re: Sp-510uz

I have not used the Panorama feature and can offer no help here.

I will say that after using it for quite a while now, I am VERY WELL pleased with it. The final price of the camera was good and it serves my purposes nicely.:)

3. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

To use the panorama mode in the camera, you have to have an xD-Picture Card that is Olympus-branded. It's a pretty sucky thing. Once you have an Olympus card in there, the Panorama mode will be activated so that you can select it.

4. grb

grb New Member

i'm using an olympus brand xd card. there seems to be no option for panorama in the camera itself but the program includes options for editing images taken in panorama mode. the instructions in the manual says that i should use an olympus xd card, which i did, but i really find it hard looking for the panorama mode. :confused:

5. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Hmm, I can't find a manual, but I think that if you press the Menu button, the panorama mode should show up on the screen.

6. Gautam

Gautam Well-Known Member

Is there are "Stitch Assistant" or similar feature that allows you to overlap images with similar borders to create one large, panorama?

7. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

There is stitching software, but it's on the PC. With Olympus, you have to capture images in the camera's Panorama mode in order to stitch them together on your computer.

8. grb

grb New Member

i tried many times exploring the menus in the camera but i can't still find the panorama mode. i've already tried using all the features except for the panorama. i was hoping for a user-friendly camera, this one is not

9. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Ok, well hopefully someone else out there with the actual camera in-hand can help out.

10. Tom_M

Tom_M New Member

Well, which photo mode are you in: Auto, P, A, S, M, etc? I know it won't show up in most shooting modes other than P except for some extra photo modes (like Portrait). I'm assuming you're also using an Olympus brand xd card. If you look under "Menu" in P mode, you should see Panorama. Please tell me if this works or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.