Pentax K100D

Discussion in 'Pentax' started by daacon, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daacon

daacon Member

It's been a while since I posted -but today I am ready to jump from PS to DSLR.

This is the camera of choice - research can drive ya nuts. I am over the 6mp vs current 10mp choices. The image Stabilization built in the body , feel of the camera , multitude of lens choices and double AA batteries have sold me... however

The K10D is out - but it is of course more $$ - I do like the weather proof body - but not sure there are enough otehr upgrades to merrit the extra $$.

I will likely initially start with just the lens kit until I get more confortable. So what am I asking ? Good question.

The experts opinion on this model vs the K10D vs the Cannon Rebel and Sony. From weeks of reseach all have pros and cons. One of the best comments I heard was but for the glass (lens) so you can alway upgrade the body.

Any thoughts on my train of thought ? One more question - any opionions on a good Zoom Lens for this camera ?

thx..............dy

2. daacon

daacon Member

Done deal - Purhased the package last night. Have not had much time to play with it yet - but am looking forward to it.

Played with it at London Drugs for about 40 minutes. It met my initial expectations. I kept it just over $1k Cdn for the Camera (and Kit Lens) , 2 sets of rechargeable batteries , Case , 2gb SD card and one set of non rechargeables .

3. ! camera

! camera New Member

Anyone who has used a Pentax digital SLR before will feel completely at home with the controls. The menu buttons, exposure mode dial and other controls will all seem very familiar.

One improvement I like is the more prominent exposure compensation button. This allows for quick exposure adjustments when using one of the creative manual exposure modes.

4. blink

blink New Member

hmmm.... i'm still looking for reviews on pentax dslr... so how's the experience with your k100d?

5. stgmgr

stgmgr New Member

Blink........check out the K100D SUPER if you get the chance. I just purchased one (Nov 1st) and my initial reaction is ALL positive. I'm an old 35mm photographer who has been out of "the loop" for a while, and I believe the SUPER has all the functions etc that I will need for years to come.
    Here is a good review for you to start with:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2007_reviews/pentax_k100ds.html

Lots of reading, but well worth it.

6. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Member

I love my K100D. You won't regret buying one but get the K100D Super

7. usapatriot

usapatriot Well-Known Member

If I had to choose between the K100D Super, Nikon D40, and Canon Digital Rebel XTi I would definitely choose the K100D Super.

Of course though, the XTi is nice too, I would just avoid getting any other Digital Rebel other than the XTi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.