Pentax K2000/K-m purchase

Discussion in 'Pentax' started by kevinw, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevinw

kevinw Member

I recently bought a Pentax K2000/K-m DSLR, and am happy to report that I agree with the review here - it is a fairly compact and feature-filled camera. The picture quality has been great - - I've mainly used auto, landscape, program, and aperture priority modes, and have been happy with the results. Will be a great tool to help me grow as an amateur hobby photographer. The battery life has been AMAZING. I'm using Sanyo Eneloop AA's, and they last and last.....can't imagine what the lithiums will do. Menus are easy to navigate, and the owners manual (printed) is logically laid out and easy to fathom. Especially for someone new to the DSLR world like me.....I struggled with the choice between a superzoom (Fuji s8100fd) or a DSLR - - but ultimately decided on the Pentax - - it felt great and made some sense to me as I handled it. Loved the feel - a little heavier than the D40 Nikon, but seemed more substantial as well.

I picked mine up for $550, but the package included the 18-55 DA-L kit lens, a 50-200 DA lens (not the DA-L like the kit lens), Pentax holster bag, and 4gb SD card....from an authorized Pentax dealer....so needless to say, I'm a happy camper. Can't wait for summer - should be great fun on my vacations to Glacier National Park and the Oregon Cascades......

Kevin

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Congratulations on the purchase, Kevin. Hope you continue to enjoy it!

dr

3. SoCalRich

SoCalRich Well-Known Member

Congrats... Looks like you got a good deal. Post up some pix for us to look at.

4. fstepanski

fstepanski New Member

Wow, Great deal.. I'm in a shopping mode, care to share a hint as to where you achieved such a great buy.. Shoot me a message if that's better.. Thanks!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.