Photo Gallery Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by bTaryag, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bTaryag

bTaryag Well-Known Member

No I don't mind at all just wanted to know if thats the way it should be, or there was a problem.

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

I don't *think* it's a problem, but it's definitely not intuitive.

3. bTaryag

bTaryag Well-Known Member

Two questions

1 - I see that exif data is only available on some of my pictures - do you know why that is?

2 - There seems to be a few comments on various pictures from people, who don't say anything. It happens when they rate a picture, but seems pointless (unless it would say what they rated the picture!)

4. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

1. My best guess is that the EXIF data is not always preserved when edited with some software.

2. Yeah, I noticed that too. I guess that the software writer's thought was that people would leave a comment along with a rating. Those empty messages do show ratings on the upper right side of the "message".

5. Gautam

Gautam Well-Known Member

If you edit images and re-save them, I believe the EXIF data will be removed by default unless you specify otherwise.

6. Kidder

Kidder Active Member

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to add photos to my gallery. I use the "Submit new Photos" button to try uploading my pictures but everytime I try to submit/upload any number of images I get a "Connection Interrupted" error.

My image sizes are about 3.5Mb and I've tried just uploading one at a time.

Is there a file size max? The upload page says it's unlimited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.