photo printer troubles.

Discussion in 'Photo Printers' started by kjr, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjr

kjr New Member

I have a Sony dpd-fphd1 digital photo printer, I have had it since new, and have used it only a hand full of times. I tried to print with it last night, but it just tells me that it is out of paper. it is full of the correct paper, new ink ...... so what gives? can I fix this thing myself? thank you for any help.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

First check to see if you have any of the issues highlighted in page 22 of the manual::

Print paper does not feed. The printer may feed multiple paper. The printer may
    feed paper diagonally.

**If the print paper is not properly loaded to the printer, it may cause a malfunction. Check the followings:
    -Check if the correct set of print paper and ink ribbon is loaded. (tpage 11)
    -Check if the print paper is inserted in the correct direction. (tpage 14)
    -Check if more than 20 sheets of print paper are in the paper tray. (tpage 14)
    -Check if the print paper is riffled thoroughly.
    -Check if the print paper is bent or folded before printing.
    -If print paper runs out during continuous printing or if you print with no print paper in the paper tray, the printer's ERROR indicator lights on. Feed the print paper without turning off the power and resume printing.

**Print paper you used is incompatible with the printer. Use print paper designed for the printer. Using print paper incompatible with the printer may cause a malfunction. (tpage 11)
    **When the printer cannot feed print paper, the ERROR indicator flashes rapidly. Remove the paper tray and check if there is a paper jam. (tpage 25)

3. kjr

kjr New Member

Thank you. I have gone over the trouble shooting section, and yes I have the correct paper loaded properly, and there is no paper jammed. it is making noise as if it is doing what it should, but just not grabbing the paper. then stops, and tells me it is out of paper.

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

It's probably time to contact Sony or purchase a new printer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.