Photoshop vs. CorelDraw

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nicky2007, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicky2007

Nicky2007 Well-Known Member

I've been using a very old version of Photoshop for the last few years & am thinking about upgrading to Photoshop CS. However, the price is somewhat steep. So I thinking of migrating to CorelDraw, a software which I've never used before. Can someone here, briefly outline the cost & benefits of using CorelDraw vis-a-vis Photoshop? I'm trying to cut cost in this recession. Thanks.

2. SoCalRich

SoCalRich Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about CoralDraw but have you considered Photoshop Elements? About $80

3. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Years ago I was using both Corel and PS. I found the Corel menus more intuitive, so eventually gave up on PS and now use only Corel Photo-Paint 12. But I have not looked into the current versions by either company. If forced to replace these old editors with something current, I would be tempted to look into Serif's PhotoPlus X2. Amazon and other online outfits list their CDs for as low as $56 (MSRP is $80).

Kelly Cook

4. Nicky2007

Thanks guys. I'll certainly look into the various options.

5. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Let us know what you try out. I should get up to speed on the current stuff.

Kelly

6. psycho

psycho Active Member

corel draw and photoshop are both good photo editors but photoshop has more plug-in support than corel draw

7. Nicky2007

For me, one of the most important thing is to be able to insert watermarks onto the pix. It's one of the copyright things I need for certain work I've to do. I was unable to do that with Irfan View. It's a very good software though & it's free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.