Picture file storage

Discussion in 'Photography' started by surfyak, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfyak

surfyak New Member

Hi,
    What do you recommend for storing digital picture files without using your computer. I'll be on a 2 week vacation, I don't want to buy a bunch of flash cards. I was thinking of a small portable hard drive. I have seen the Epson P-2000 and P-3000, but I was thinking of something cheaper and I don't need a viewer. I want something that I can just attach my USB 2.0 cable to and have them transfer. I'll put them on my Mac when I get home from my trip.
    Any ideas? Must be durable.

Thanks,
    John
    Olympus Stylus 720 SC
    "Just add water"

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

3. retexan599

retexan599 Member

Perhaps a corollary question is: what is the best way to preserve my digital photos/images for my great grandchildren to see when they are grown? I can almost imagine the question: "what are these funny looking thin plastic donuts in great grandpappy's old trunk in the attic?" :)

4. bTaryag

bTaryag Well-Known Member

C'mon man, we're in 2007 here!

5. bTaryag

bTaryag Well-Known Member

Most of the article is way too difficult for me (I never graduated high school, and am proud of it).

But the parts I did understand did scare me a bit. Although I figure that if you have physical backups in different locations (e.g. a relative in a different region), and use mainstream formats, (e.g. .mp3, ,jpg, .doc) you probably are good for a whole bunch of years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.