PL210 Capturing and Processing

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by meaghanek, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meaghanek

meaghanek New Member

"Capturing" leads to blurry photos

Hi,

I recently purchased a Samsung PL210 digital camera. It has a smart mode and a manual mode for all of the settings. I noticed that while in the manual mode, sometimes after pressing the shutter butting, it will do through a capturing and processing sequence, but if I try to take a picture of a different subject, it doesn't go through the capturing and processing mode. If I use the smart mode, it doesn't do this, but the pictures aren't always as good. I was wondering if anyone could let me know why it would do the capturing thing on some subjects and not others.

Thanks,
    Meaghan

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Re: "Capturing" leads to blurry photos

The PL210 does not have a manual mode. It has 5 record modes - smart auto (the camera does everything), program mode (you can change white balance, ISO and other factors), Dual IS (turns on optical image stabilization and increases the ISO and shutter speed), Scene (you can select from numerous scene modes) and Movie.

I don't know which mode you had your camera in when it went through a capturing and processing sequence - program? Dual IS? Scene? Movie? I suggest you look again at your camera's menu and try to isolate the settings that are causing the capturing and processing sequence to occur.

3. meaghanek

meaghanek New Member

Re: "Capturing" leads to blurry photos

The program setting allows you to manually change settings, which is why I referred to it as manual. I was in this mode when I ran into the problem of the capturing and processing occurring in the same setting while photographing different subjects, i.e. it happened while photographing my sleeping dog, by not when I took a picture of my coffee table.

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

When you set your camera to program mode, what did you set on drive mode? If you set it to anything other than single, the camera is going to take a while to process the results.

5. meaghanek

meaghanek New Member

It's on single. I am not sure if it has something to do with the lighting of the subject. I was trying it today and it even did it on the smart mode. I tried resetting it, but it still does it. I will keep playing around.

Thanks for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.