Please help before i throw my camera out of the window!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by newmum, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newmum

newmum New Member

Arrgh I am so upset, I use my camera (a cheap Praktica DC42) to take pics of my children and for my ebay, It has a removable card, so I usually just insert that into my printer and then download onto my computer, until tonight, the display came up 'card full' so I changed the setting to card and it just comes up ' No image', which is really frustrating, I put it back in the printer and all the pics are there, but I cannot view them on my camera. I use it to take pics to my Nan of the kids and as she doesnt have a computer its easier to show her on the camera. I really dont know what to do it lets me access the delete bit and the format bit, but after 'googling' the problem I now know that Formatting would not help either. I ahve not been able to find an answer to this problem and am getting more upset!!!
    Sorry to just join in, but I really am stuck.:confused:
    Thanks for your time,

2. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

Well, if the card is full, then its time to move some of the pictures to the computer and remove them from the memory card. My personal preference is to format the card in camera (important, this helps to ensure things work properly and easily) after every dump, and I always dump pictures as soon as I can. In your case, I would copy all the pictures to the computer, then format the card in the camera. Then, if you so desire, you can move them back, but that should help to make sure that there are no problems with the card.

3. kanehi

kanehi Well-Known Member

You can download the images thru the printer to your computer since it's acting like a card reader. After that follow Caleb's advice of formatting and reloading the images back but make sure it's in the DCM directory.

4. newmum

newmum New Member

Ahh thankyou, I didnt know I could reload pics back onto my card. I will go and find out how to do that and give it a try, Thankyou very much.

5. camfreak

camfreak Active Member

I think you have no choice but to reformat your card. Maybe your card went haywire but why???Hmmmm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.