Please Help!...Need Help Finding A Camera...

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by anicole3186, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anicole3186

anicole3186 Member

Hi,
    I've been trying to find a camera that would be best for me. I've came across a couple that I've liked and I've read some reviews, but I am still unsure. I don't really know a whole lot about cameras so I thought I'd be able to get some help on here :confused:

Budget: 350-400

Size: Compact

Features

How many megapixels will suffice for you? at least 11

* What optical zoom will you need? UltraZoom

* How important is “image quality” to you? 10+

Do you care for manual exposure modes (shutter priority, aperture priority, manual)? Definitely need something for action shooting

General Usage

* What will you generally use the camera for? Sports, Indoor, and Still Pictures

* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not? n/a

Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos? Yes

Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos? Yes!

Miscellaneous

Are there particular brands you like or hate? No

Are there particular models you already have in mind? Not really, but a newer model would be preferable though :)

(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? Image Stabilization

My family and I do a lot of activities; Wakeboarding, Snowboarding, Fishing, Baseball, Camping so I would definitely like something with really good Action Shooting, with high MegaPixels.

Please let me know what you would recommend. Thank you :)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  2. anicole3186

anicole3186 Member

So these were the two cameras I was looking at the first time. Casio EX-FH100 and Sony Cyber-shot WX1/B

3. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The Casio EX-FH100 is a fine camera with a long 10x zoom lens. It's not ultracompact but will fit nicely in a pocket. The Sony WX1 does not have a long zoom lens and it's an older camera that's been replaced.

Here are some other cameras similar to the Casio EX-FH100 that you may also want to consider:
    Panasonic ZS8, ZS10, Nikon S9100, Sony H70, HX5v, HX9, Canon SX230HS, Fuji F500EXR.

4. anicole3186

anicole3186 Member

Thanks Andy. I'm definitely gonna check those cameras out. I'll post up an update. If anyone else has any comments or suggestions let me know :) thanks you so much for the help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.