Please help!

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by Goose Boots, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goose Boots

Goose Boots New Member

Hi, I own a Sanyo Xacti HD1000 camera and have no problems recording videos. When I play them back (using the 'PLAY' feature on the camera itself) i have no problems, but when I attach the SD card to my laptop and try to play a video I recorded, the video is very glitchy/choppy or plays perfectly for a second, then the picture freezes while the time continues as normal. When I open the video files (MP4) in Windows Media player only a screenshot from the video is shown, but the sound is fine.

Most importantly, the videos are of no use to me with my video editing software.

Please help! I Can't find a solution to this anywhere on the internet.

Thank you very much in advance

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

There's nothing wrong with your camera or the movie file. The problem lies with the file transferring process. I suggest you load the software that came with your camera and use Sanyo's own program to download the video file from your camera to your PC.

3. Goose Boots

Goose Boots New Member

hey, thanks for replying. i loaded the CD (which i haven't looked at in years) and there doesn't seem to be anything that would help. I'll list exactly what's on this disc

Nero 7 Essentials
    Ulead DVD Movie Factory 5SE
    Quicktime 7.1 and itunes 7.3
    adobe reader 8
    Xacti Screen Capture
    Instruction Manuals

The disc is entitled Xacti Software 1.1. Is any program here relevant? the xacti screen capture thing is only for taking photos from your laptop/pc and adding them to the sd card i think

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Perhaps the Ulead DVD Movie Factory. I'd load everything and see if something works. You could always remove the programs later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.