Poor lowlight pics from Fuji F200EXR

Discussion in 'Fuji (Fujifilm)' started by OhPinchy, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhPinchy

OhPinchy New Member

I bought a Fuji F200EXR about a year ago mainly based on the fact that the reviews said its EXR sensor gave great lowlight performance. My main use of a camera is for social events and nights out so lowlight performance is key.

The 200EXR takes excellent outdoor photos in daylight but lowlight shots both indoors and outside are absolutely woeful - far, far worse than the Canon Ixus I had previously. I've tried it on the EXR setting and on different manual settings (including shooting at 6MP not 12MP) but I still get poorly detailed shots with poor colour definition and a terrible level of pixelation: these photos are generally not worth printing.

I have since stopped using the camera altogether as it's not worth the hassle for the results I get. I just wanted to check if anyone has had a similar experience and also to find what settings you are using if you are getting decent lowlight shots. As it's over 12 months since I got it, I can't return it, but I might write to Fuji anyway to let them know how disappointed I am with it and to let them know that it will be putting me off ever buying any of their products in the future (unless there's something they can point out I'm doing wrong or maybe find a defect with my unit).

2. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Pixelation is pretty unusual. Do you have any photos uploaded that you can provide a URL for?

Kelly Cook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.