Price Drop?

Discussion in 'Canon' started by clb, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clb

clb Member

I wonder when there'll be a price drop for the SD870IS

Currently, best buy and future shop are still selling it at $399.99 CAD with an OCCASIONAL sale at $379.99

When is it ever going to drop thru the $300 point >_<

I was hoping that newer models would be announced; therefore dropping the price...but doesn't seem like there're much new P&S models out from Canon

2. usapatriot

usapatriot Well-Known Member

Well you really can't take an accurate guess at these kinds of things but I guess that a price drop should happen once all the new Canon models make it in to the market sometime in the late spring or early summer.

3. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Amazon is currently selling the SD870IS for less than $300, including free shipping.

4. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Canon also tends, as a rule, to not do a lot of manufacturer-side price drops. They zero in on a price point initially, and it's rare that a camera will move much from this point for a long time. There's a stable market for Canon's products even though they tend to have slightly longer model cycles than some of their competitors (look at how quickly Fuji has updated its ultracompacts, by contrast - very different business model). Moreover, you may have to shop a little more and/or resort to the internet for Canon discount pricing.

dr

5. clb

clb Member

originally 399.99 at Best buy and future shop in Canada

now it's on sale at 349.99....cost that was last seen during boxing week.

wonder if I should get it now...or wait some more >_< ahhhhh

6. usapatriot

usapatriot Well-Known Member

I would get it now, you see I have a small problem. Basically when I see something thats a bit more than I want to pay I wait for the price to go down, but sometimes when it goes down I decide to wait even more to see if it goes down even more but then it goes back up to where it was and all is lost. :p

7. clb

clb Member

hahaha...no wonder there's a price drop with canon's new powershot line up coming out in 3 months' time. Best buy and future shop in Canada have SD870 IS on sale now for 319.99

8. thebajz

thebajz Member

As of today 3-15-08, it is $299 at Circuit City. I think they even give a 10% discount for a AAA card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.