Problem with AVI files from Fujifilm Finepix F30

Discussion in 'Fuji (Fujifilm)' started by riverq, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riverq

riverq New Member

hi there everyone. Hope someone out there can help here.

I have a Fujifilm F30 Finepix camera. Been very happy with it but recently when uploading to PC (not through Fujifilm software by the way but via windows xp camera wizard) there was an interruption and somehow this has resulted in all my existing Fujifilm AVI films causing the PC's Data Execution Programme (DEP) to kick in whenever I open up folders containing them.

Ive read on the internet about deactivating DEP but many experts consider this to be risky - besides i dont know what program DEP is supposed to be ignoring.

Even uploading fresh films from the camera causes DEP to operate and its getting a real pain now as Im having to go through all my photos and avoiding AVI fims before uploading. Furthermore I cannot even go into folders where there are films because DEP operates immediately (not unless i go in on safe mode)

Anyone out there know how i can resolve this problem please? Could it be that the camera is ultimately causing the problem (probably not as the existing AVI files were fine until the interruption mentioned above).

Im at the end of my tether now and could it be that i cant use film again and rid all my avi files (surely it cant come to that? I can for example ignore the DEP temporarily when message comes up and play on say Quicktime but ultimately i have to ok the DEP).

Many thanks

CQ

2. spintyer

spintyer Well-Known Member

Here is something I found on the Fuji site, don't know if it will help or not.

ISSUE: Computer freezing when watching recorded videos.

When opening a directory that contains AVI files recorded by your digital camera, your computer freezes. The Windows Task Manager will list Explorer as Not Responding.

CAUSE

Your computer is not capable of creating thumbnails for the video file and when attempting to do so, will cause your computer to freeze.

RESOLUTION

To prevent your computer from creating thumbnails for video files you must remove the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\ {87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}\InProcServer32

For further assistance you may contact Microsoft Technical Support at 1-800-668-7975.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.