Quiet Introduction of the Kodak EasyShare Z760 Digital Camera

Discussion in 'Digital Camera News' started by Ben Stafford, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

With the attention from yesterday's announcement of the new cameras in the C-series, people are noticing that Kodak has added a new camera to the "Z" lineup. The Kodak EasyShare Z760 is a recent addition to the Kodak web site. The Z760 has an MSRP of $329.95 and will be available in May in select retailers and geographies.

[​IMG]

The Z760 is virtually identical to the DX7630that is currently available (from Kodak) for $299. The only difference that I could find was that the Z760 is PictBridge compliant (if I am missing something, let me know). I'm not exactly sure of the motivation for this similarity, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

The Z760 captures 6.1 megapixel images and has a Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon 3X optical zoom lens. The camera features Kodak's Color Science Chip and has 16 scene modes and 5 color modes as well as compatibility with Kodak's printer docks. The shooting modes include:auto, 16 scene modes, program auto, aperture priority, shutter priority, manual, and custom setting mode.

Otherfeatures:

• 2.2 inch, 153,000 pixel LCD monitor
    • 4x digital zoom(for a total of 12x zoom)
    • 32MB internal memory, expandable with SD memory cards
    • ISO sensitivities of 100, 200, 400, and 800
    • Shutter speed: automatic: 1/8-1/1400 seconds; manual: 64-1/1000 seconds
    • Movie: 320x240 pixels at 24 fps with audio
    • Aperature: f/2.8-8.0 (wide), f/4.8-8.0 (tele)

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  2. bkb

bkb New Member

Z760 and DX7630 differences

I contacted Kodak to find the difference between the Z760 and DX7630 to see if it was worth waiting for the release of the Z760. Their stated difference between the 2 cameras are:

The Z760 uses one cable for the Audio/Video out for TV viewing and the USB for PC connection.

The Z760 also uses the new 26-pin dock connection, referred to as Image Link.

Image Link is the new standard connection for all photographic devices across brands.

The Z760 comes with a printer dock series 3.

The functions are the same for the DX7630 and Z760.

3. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

Thanks for the detective work!

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Subtle but probably valuable changes if the cost difference isn't much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.