Recomend a multifunctional

Discussion in 'Photo Printers' started by gigiipse, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gigiipse

gigiipse Member

A bit of topic, I know, but here's the deal: I need to buy a printer. This is a first for me (my entire experience with a printer is: ctrl+p :))

Here's what I expect from it:

Quality: Rezonable(90% will be text, once in a while some tables and schemas and very, very rare a photo)

Quantify: <=500 pages per month

Speed: Don't matter, nobody's chasing me :)

Scanner: Rezonable, any scanner will be able to do what I need (although it would be nice to be able to get image in pdf or identify text). Duplex or feeder would be awsome if it's not to much for my bugdet. A stand alone would be nice (I don't want to start my PC just to turn it of)

Reliability: Best (if I buy it I keep it, ... for a long time)

Economy: I'd like the most economical printer ever, with cartridges that I can refil with relative ease and that can take a break (don't dry out to fast, there will be periods when I won't print)

Budget: <=150Euro (if none fit, I'll just wait for the next salary :) )

Interface: I think I can handle anything but it would be nice to have a nice clean easy to use interface.

Brand: Willing to listen to sugestions, but I have a good opinion on: Canon, Epson, HP. Bad opinion: Lexmark.

No need for need card readers, network card, display and other cosmetical gadgets.

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

I don't really know the models that well, but I do have a high opinion of the Canon MFPs.

3. tink2dw

tink2dw Member

I love my Brother MFC laser printer, fax, copier, and scaner, telephone, but is only B&W, which is great for text.
    I rely on my hp 2355v for color printing, photos, and scanning bulky items like plastic tickets. Although it scans to "my pictures" which is annoying to then find and print.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.