resizing pics on camera

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by Pembroke, Jul 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pembroke

Pembroke New Member

I have a Easy Share DX6490 and want to change the size pic it takes. When I down load to a web site, The web site says toooo big for site. Is there a way to change camera specs and have smaller pics? Thanks for all info. Pembroke

2. Pembroke

Pembroke New Member

easy share DX6490

can I resize pictures on this camera? website that I want to post picture on says picture is too large.1254x1275 needs to be around 575x625 or something like that. Thanks for all info. Pembroke

3. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

4. Pembroke

Pembroke New Member

Andy: So How does this help in making picture smaller? As in thumbnail size or e-mail size? Thanks.Pembroke

5. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Kodak's reference to "picture quality" on page 33 is confusing. What the manual is talking about is compression - removing data from an image file that will reduce the size of the file, as well as the size of the image, while keeping image quality relatively unchanged (at the smaller, reduced size but not if the picture is blown up). As the manual indicates, Kodak gives you a choice of 4 file sizes (and image sizes). However you're not limited to that as there are many programs that will enable you to further compress your images once the pictures are taken. The program I use is Irfanview, which is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.