Reusing SDcards

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by krbusby, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krbusby

krbusby New Member

My camera doesn't seem to be able to use SDcards once they've been formatted for something else, like in this case my wife's MP3 player.

Her player is now dead so I have this 2gig card. I've tested the card, formatted the card, used a working card from my camera to build a filesystem on the used card. (ie making folders and labelling them the same as on the working card)

The camera won't even recognize that there is a card in it so the 'initialize card' button is greyed out.

Any thoughts?

Camera=Jazz HDV178

2. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

Can you format it on your notebook and then try it in the camera again.

3. krbusby

krbusby New Member

Tried that. Cards formats well and is usable, the camera just doesn't like it. It's not a weird name brand or anything and if memory serves this happened with another card that was formatted by my wife's mp3 player.

Best I can tell it's doing something strange to the card but I would have thought a formatting would have taken care of that. I'm at a loss.

Thanks for your input.:)

4. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

You not trying too use an SDHC card in a camera that is SD only are you? , if not have you tried updating the firmware on the camera.

5. krbusby

krbusby New Member

No, it's SDHC compatible. Finding firmware would be difficult because the company is debunked now.

However I made out okay. I was formatting the card on my MacBook as MS-DOS(FAT) but for some reason formatting it on my Windows laptop fixed the problem. Don't know why the Mac version of MS-DOS(FAT) didn't work.

Problem solved. Thanks again for your help.:)

6. Jackvinsly

Jackvinsly Member

I think you can Buy some memory card recovery data software.this software is available in Every camera shop.every things he can suggest to you to how can recover all photos your Having camera otherwise you can download software in google.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.