S100 - replacement

Discussion in 'Canon' started by joec, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joec

joec New Member

I have had to return 2 S-100's due to lens error. it's really a shame as i simply love the camera and functions. the store i bought it from says it has been discontinued and they no longer handle that model, (although there are still many places to purchase this at other places). my dilemma is decising what to replace it with.

i would not mind the S-110, but i really don't care for the touch screen or the wi-fi features. i like lot's of manual control, the aperature ring adjustment feature and the 'compactness.'

i'm on a fence between the S-110, the Lumix LX-7 and maybe the Sony RX-100. i did not really want to have to spend more money which i will have to do with the RX-100. i live in the tropics in normal very bright daylight, and i recall reading either the LX-7, or the RX-100 has significant clipping on bright highlights.

anybody have any comments that might help me decide on above considerations or something else even? i am partial to my Canon and didn't necessarily want to change over, but i'm considering it.

thanks,

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

All point and shoot cameras experience some highlight clipping in bright light. Overall the RX100 is probably the best in the small camera category when it comes to highlight clipping, though the Panasonic LX7 and cheaper LX5 are good too.

3. joec

joec New Member

not sure if i am 'replying' to you correctly here, but, thanks for your input Andy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.