S100fs 13 seconds to start up - normal?

Discussion in 'Fuji (Fujifilm)' started by pvaughan, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvaughan

pvaughan New Member

Hi, I have recently bought an S100fs and the start up time just seems to get longer and longer. Yesterday it was 10 seconds, and today it took 13 seconds!

The time is consistent if I turn off and restart repeatedly, but seems to get longer over a longer period, ie day to day. This seems very strange. Has anyone else had a similar issue, and should I just take it straight back to Fuji Australia?

I have done a reset but no change. The camera works fine once it has started.

Also, I have found that 'auto rotate' for portrait shots must be set to 'off' for this function to work. Has anyone else found this on their camera?

Thanks for any feedback.

Paul

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The S100fs should take about 3 seconds to start up. Have you notified Fuji of this problem?

3. spintyer

spintyer Well-Known Member

No that is not normal !!! Take it back, it is defective !!! Mine starts up in one and a half seconds, and can take a picture about one and a half seconds after that. And its the same time day to day, and it doesn't change.

If you just bought it, you might be able to exchange it for another one, instead of waiting for repairs.

Let me know how you do, as I have the same camera.

spintyer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.