S100FS Falsh Modes not Working?

Discussion in 'Fuji (Fujifilm)' started by OldNick, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldNick

OldNick Member

If I press the RHS of the ring around the menu button on the back of my S100FS, nothing happens. I have tried various shooting modes etc, flash up, flash down.

Is there some special set of settings needed to make this show?

Thanks for any help. I checked the manual, but I could not find anything.

Nick

2. spintyer

spintyer Well-Known Member

I have a S100fs and only get that when my flash is down, with the flash up I get to choose from the different flash settings. You don't have anything "shorting" out your hot-shoe or sync connector ? It does not do anything when you are in a mode that the flash does not work in.

Let me know how anything works out, I am interested.

spintyer

3. OldNick

OldNick Member

Re: S100FS FLAsh Modes not Working?

Well, here is where I am at.

I can get the settings in some modes, but not others. But it's NOT to do with whether the flash will fire! :confused:

For instance, it's fine in Auto, Aperture and Programme, but not in Shutter Priority, or Manual.

This may make some sense, but I am not quite sure why.

Nick

4. spintyer

Yes that does not work in Manual or Shutter priority, there is nothing wrong with your camera, I just checked mine. It won't work in a few others too, like movie, landscape, fireworks, etc.

There is no flash settings in these programs, so there is no reason for that button to operate when you are set there. In manual setting if you want a flash, just pop up the flash and you get a flash. In say Landscape program, your flash won't fire even if you pop it up.

Since there are no flash settings in some programs, there is nothing for the button to do, so it does nothing.

Hope this helps you out a little.

spintyer

5. OldNick

OldNick Member

Yeah thanks I had sort of settled for that, and assumed the camera was OK. But thanks very much for confirming.

I just can't understand )why) the flash settings are not available in Manual and Shutter Speed Priority, but is available in Programme and Aperture P.

I can understand the pre-sets not using it, especially landscape! :eek: :)

Anyway I really appreciate your help. I am glad I don;t have to do without the camera for a few weeks (warranty repairs always seem to terribly SLOW :rolleyes: )

Nick

6. spintyer

Your Welcome

spintyer

7. spintyer

Nick
    please let me know if you find anything "interesting" things that this camera can do or fun things that can be done with it, and I will do the same.

I don't know about you, but I am still trying to learn everything on this camera, and there is lots of it. Like in low light while in movie mode the AF light will come on to increase the light a little bit, found this out one night just playing around.

spintyer

8. jetrice

jetrice New Member

Hi,

I googled and came across your forum.. I also got the same problem... well, I guess it sucks that the S100fs does not have a flash setting on manual mode. I was trying to do a night shot that needs to have a flash sync on the 2nd curtain, but there was just no such setting.. :-( oh well, there goes the night shots for this camera..

Jet

9. spintyer

Try the slow synchro which is available on on night shots.

spintyer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.