S760 - permanently turn off red-eye reduction

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Tinderbox (UK), Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

Hi.

Every time i turn on the camera it defaults to red-eye reduction and it flashed 2-3 times.

You can manually turn it off by pressing the flash button and select auto-flash but when you turn the camera off and back on it`s back to red-eye.

I have looked through the camera menu and the manual but i cannot figure out how to permanently turn it off.

I would rather manually remove any red-eye, rather than risk the subject moving during the multiple flashes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

No clue on that one, Tinderbox. Based on what I'm seeing, it looks like there's no way to override those default start-up settings on this camera.

dr

3. psycho

psycho Active Member

may be u change mode to "p" or "m" that mighi help

4. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

Hi.

The camera belongs to my neighbour and he is a complete technophob, so i thik it is best to leave the camera on auto, I have showed him how to manually change the flash settings.

Thanks

John.

5. psycho

psycho Active Member

there are secret menus or so called service menus these are hidden menus in u camera that only service representative know how to use, if u can crack one of these menu u can overide the auto mode, even u can see some features not stated in ur camera manual or website, i personaly never used these menus but i know their there.
    imp-dont ask a service representative about these menu they wont tell u anything,
    rem-these menus are like bios in ur comp use only if u need it, these menus can permanently damage ur camera if u dont use these menus sensibly

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  6. Stevbike

Stevbike Member

I bought my lady friend one of these cameras to use. It is a nice little camera. I noted the flash doing a pre-flash before taking the picture. For the price of the camera, it is a great basic unit. I tried the camera out before giving it to her. I took this picture in manual mode. I set the flash in its off mode so that the tungstun light did it;s kob lighting the scene.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixs2009/3544374000

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.