S860 and pictures with bad quality

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by zillah, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zillah

zillah Member

Recently I bought SAMSUNG S860 (8.1 MP), I took some pictures and downloaded them to my PC, when I compared those pictures with the one that I took by my other digital camera FujiFile (3.2 MP), I can not notice the difference in the quality.

The other issue that I was experiencing when I try to use S860 to take a photo of a title of a book (for testing purpose) , the output was blurred.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Some questions: are you sure that you've set the Samsung to its largest file size and highest image quality settings? Also, remember that megapixels don't determine image quality (how good an image looks) - all they tell you is how big the image is. You should see some differences close up in how much detail is captured, but looking at images at screen size, there may not be any discernible difference, and it's possible that the Fuji's shots look better (even though they capture less detail when zoomed in).

As for the blurry picture, what kind of conditions are you taking it under? Indoors/low light? Are you half-pressing the shutter first to focus the camera before firing?

dr

3. zillah

zillah Member

Thanks David, how can I make sure that those both setting have been configured correctly ?I will try to find that in manual hopefuly I can find what you have mentioned.

Indoor and normal room light

No.

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Did you put your Samsung in its macro mode when you shot the photo of the book? If not, and your camera was less than two feet away, the camera will be unable to focus properly.

5. zillah

zillah Member

I see, I was not aware of that.

6. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Not completely sure on this on this camera how to make sure that you're in the highest quality setting. It should be one of the top options in the main/setup menu, however. I'd check your manual for "Image Size/Quality" or some similar keywords.

Half-pressing the shutter before taking a shot engages the auto focus system and gives it time to lock. Try this and see if it has any effect.

As stated, engaging macro mode may also be necessary for close-in shots.

dr

7. zillah

zillah Member

Thanks David, i will try too look for this on the CD, because its hard manual has got nothing, only few pages.

This is also good tip, worth to try it.

Thanks

8. bunnystef

bunnystef New Member

hello everyone!

i have a samsung digicam S760. my probs is that when i take picture, there are horizontal lines appearing all over the picture. also when i take a video, vertical lines are crossing through the screen.

what could be the defect? pls help me. thank u!

9. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Are these lines on your pictures when they're downloaded onto the computer or just on the cameras's LCD screen? If it's the latter, the problem is with the screen only. If the former it's probably a defective sensor, which will cost a bundle to fix.

10. bunnystef

bunnystef New Member

they are appearing when i downloaded it.i thought also at the beginning that maybe it's only probs on the screen. but then not really. so therefore, it can be thrown to the bin already?? :(( it's more than 1yr still and seldom being use. is this only proves that samsung brand is not good?? im so disappointed.

anyways, thank u very much for the reply :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.