Samsung NX300 Review Discussion

Discussion in 'Digital Camera News' started by Laura Hicks, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura Hicks

Laura Hicks DigitalCameraReview Editor

My guess is that some people are a little wary of Samsung cameras. Whether they are unsure of the image quality or uncertain of the build and design of the camera, those that are hesitant can cite reasons that are founded in truth...at least up until recently.

Samsung has recently taken the opportunity to reinvent themselves in the camera market. Over the last year or so, they have released a hoard of new cameras that embrace Samsung's dedication to digital imaging. Samsung has increased their sensor technology, lens quality and overall speed of their cameras to a point where they are serious contenders in the mirrorless camera race. The NX300 is leading the Samsung pack with its 20.3-megapixel APS-C sensor, fast autofocus and growing line of high quality lenses.

Read the full content of this Article: Samsung NX300 Review

Related Articles:

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  2. tecnoworld

tecnoworld New Member

I've been using this camera for more than 15 months, and before the nx200 and nx100.

I find in the nx300 much more con's than you did. E.g. the lack of an optional evf, or the tiny and slow buffer, or the non stellar Dr at higher iso. Or the sub par tracking AF and the good but not excellent focusing speed.

Anyway, overall it's fine, but I hope that the rumor regarding the nx400 with integrated evf are true. Samsung also needs a new sensor, imo, since the present one is good but not outstanding. They have to clearly surpass Sony and fuji in IQ, to stand a chance on the market.

The lenses are the best part, especially the new 16-50 f2-2.8, which I love.

3. Frank green

Frank green New Member

Ok so I am a total amateur and bought this cam 12 months ago and got a good deal with the free 50-200mm lens and free 3yr warranty but I've had serious issues. 6 months in the flash stopped working. Warranty repair and a new main circuit board. 1month later I've got a pink scrolling screen and the camera is back at the repair centre for a new CMOS sensor...I am very concerned the camera has had to have 2 major components replaced within 12 months....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.