Samsung S630 Pink Digital Camera

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by meggiethoa, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meggiethoa

meggiethoa New Member

Okay, well my parents had bought me this camera and I love the picture quality and it's easy to figure it out...

My battery life went dead after six or so pictures. We've tried other duracells, lithiums, energizer and none of them worked. They would turn it on and then it just went of and beeped three times. We've also tried rechargable and every battery we could think of.

I don't know what to do...so?

This camera has great picture quality, of what I saw when the camera had life. I cannot really tell much about the other features as I had not much time. The sepia, black and white and other effects were great. Thats all I really know and then the batteries just went dead.:(

This is a Samsung Digimax S630 Digital Camera - Pink.
    6.0 mega pixels. 2.5" LCD, and ASR. It's a great camera, and it uses up batteries like I don't know what. All the batteries we tried tured it on for about 5 seconds at the most and then the screen went black and the camera beeped.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

I am seeing some user opinions out on the web (if you google for: samsung s630 review battery life) that mention poor battery life. However, only getting six pictures really seems like something is wrong. If it's still under warranty, I would see what you can do with getting it looked atl.

3. Inferno

Inferno New Member

I had one and the same thing happened... the guy at Wal Mart said I should use lithium batteries instead of the NiMH I have at home, but the reason why I bought a AA-powered camera in the firswt place was because of the batteries I have already! The first one I bought had dead pixels running right across the LCD and the second had these battery issues, so I took it back for good. I'm not buying lithiums when there are plenty of cameras out there that will run perfectly fine on my NiMH AAs! I searched everywhere, and the only solution I see is to take it back-- this is actually a pretty well-known issue and I would have never bought the camera if I did a little more research in advance!

4. citygirl76

citygirl76 New Member

I have the same problem. When I tried to take it back they were no longer selling it and wouldn't take it back. I hate that camera. I have purchased 12 rechargeable batteries that I carry in the camera bag and even if they are freshly charged and not in the camera they loose the charge. I hate to say it but Samsung has put a bad taste in my mouth for their cameras-I'll be moving on to a Canon or Fuji :rolleyes:

5. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Regular NiMH rechargeable AA batteries lose their charge very quickly when they're not used. It's not the fault of the camera.

However, certain rechargeable AA batteries don't lose their charge when not used. One brand is Eneloop from Sanyo, which I use in my camera. Once you charge them up, they won't lose their charge when they aren't being used, even after a year. Here's a link to the batteries and charger.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  6. kelsci

kelsci Active Member

I do own a S630. Mr Stanton is right about certain recharegable AAs and the way they loose there charges very fast. The S630 is a power sucker. Yours appears not to be working properly; if you put in a fresh set of AA alkalaine energizers an only get 6 pics there is def. something wrong. I would rate the camera a good pic. taker in the dig. domain. It also takes good videos though the sound can get overmodulated but it is crisp. The lightmetering could be better for the videos but it can take videos in low light conditions very well, a plus. Color saturation is good; it could be better. Sharpness and image liveliness is excellent and reminiscent of Samsungs high-def televisions. You can see some images I took with this camera on my blog. The link is:

http://www.kelsci5.blogspot.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.