1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Screen blacks out on cannon powershot

Discussion in 'Canon' started by Ajm130, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajm130

Ajm130 New Member

Have a powershot that is probably 3 yrs old. When you go to take pictures the screen blacks out. The camera does have a huge amount of photos stored so I am not sure if this could be the cause or not. I'm not sure if I should just junk the thing and buy a new one or if I should have it looked at? Not even sure where I would go for work?? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I am not a camera junky and don't know where to turn.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Your issue could be the result of your camera's power save function. To save power the LCD will turn off automatically after a short period of time if the camera isn't being used. You can adjust that time period through the menu.

The LCD could also be shutting down because there's a problem with the camera's battery - does it have a problem holding a charge?

The problem could be related to your SD card. Try a new card and see if that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.