Sd1100is?

Discussion in 'Canon' started by fldrice, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fldrice

fldrice New Member

2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Fascinating. Looks a lot like the SD1000, with the addition of IS, slight resolution bump, etc.

If this is, in fact, a new/upcoming release from Canon, it's a logical step in the Digital Elph series with those improvements.

dr

3. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

When i tried to search Google for this, I was returned to this site. I'm amazed that Target.com is the only information on it.

4. phototraveler

phototraveler Member

Has anyone seen this camera at Target? I wonder why the price is so much lower than the SD950 or SD1000.

5. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Keeping up with Canon's SD numbers is a bit tricky, but the SD1000 is selling for around $180 at most brick-and-mortars now, lower still on the internet, putting this camera a step above the 1000.

The SD950 is a different kind of camera, the culmination of the SD750/800/850/870 series, which are more highly speced and have a slightly different look than the SD1000. The boxy 1000 (and thus the 1100) has a look that comes directly from the ELPH APS-C film cameras.

Thus, this camera seems to sit somewhere between the SD1000 and the more sculpted SDs (750, 800, 850, etc.) in terms of price and features.

dr

6. bTaryag

bTaryag Well-Known Member

Isn't it weird that Target would have a camera for sale that has not been announced by Canon?

7. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

I thought so too. Even beyond that, its weird that they are the only one that seems to have it. My searches don't produce anything put this discussion. Other stores, or Amazon, or something should have it too. Its odd that Canon would do an unannounced Target-only special.

8. fldrice

fldrice New Member

I think Target put it on their webpage before the launch. I was trying to decide whether or not I should wait for it or get the sd1000, but I just went ahead and got the sd1000.

9. laksa

laksa New Member

It's available at Vancouver, BC Futureshop for C$269.

10. vi3tscorpian

vi3tscorpian New Member

i own a silver one. It's an awesome piece of hardware. compact, well-designed with a lot of useful features. Picture quality is superb and menu layout is clear and easy to access. I got it at circuitcity for $249 after days of comparison to other brands.

picture quality is as equal to Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS3G 8.1 (this one really has awesome picture quality).

picture quality is better than Sony DSC-W120 or W90 or W150.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.